Friday 7 January 2011

Joining the 21st century

I have avoided many "social" developments over the years, things that everyone else seems unable to live without. Facebook being one of them. Having decided that some people in my life I would actually like to keep in touch with, I have finally given in to pressure from friends and family, and registered on Facebook. Not only that, I have set up Skype on my laptop and phone. Realising that ringing people from Spain could be quite expensive, if I do it on a regular basis. I even got it to work, very impressive. The call clarity is really good, video is a bit so so though, but good enough when a phone call just won't do. Let's hope I can find plenty of free wifi when I get there, bars offering free internet are getting a bit thin on the ground in some places. And if you are staying on an urbanisation, most people seemed to have learnt to secure their networks. Good for them, but not good for people who want to check their mail for free. You never know, I might get lucky. I will no doubt have to buy a mobile broadband dongle in Spain. As it uses the mobile phone networks, and reception is not very good most of the time, I am not looking forward to this. The house that I have rented does not have internet. Things may have changed since I last went out, but I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment