Tuesday 4 January 2011

House up for rent

Our house is now on the market with a letting agency, and the sign has gone up in the garden. Things are to starting to move along. Still getting rid of life's clutter, working my way through the garage. Its amazing how many half full tins of paint there are, some of the colours are more than a little 'did we really use that on the walls?'. Ian, my son-in-law, has been staking his claim on any tools I can't store, Christmas has come twice for him this year! We have both handed in our notice at work now, people treat you differently when they know you are not desperate to hang on to your job. Some people were really shocked, 'you're going to do what!'. Someone asked me if I had got a job there, to which I replied, 'oh yes, stopping a sunbed from blowing away'. That got some strange looks. The grim reality of earning a crust will wait till we get out there, we can manage for a while without an income. The first couple of weeks we will be in 'holiday' mode, then a reality check will be needed as it sinks in that we have finally made the jump. The pressure is on now to finish decorating the house, so I had better go and spend an hour or two with one of those half empty tins of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment